Last updated: 12 April 2021
With the continued easing of Lockdown restrictions, our doors are now open to the public for auction viewings and valuations (by appointment and in line with Government Covid-19 regulations).
Auction viewing will commence on 16 April (The Transport Sale and Fine Clocks, Barometers and Scientific Instruments). See below for further details, and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional queries | +44 (0) 1635 553 553 | email@example.com
For details on all forthcoming auctions, click here: Upcoming Auctions.
There are a variety of ways that you can view the auctions:
1) The Online Auction page gives you access to:
2) Viewing in Person: Our salerooms will be opening for viewing by appointment from 16 April. Viewing is by appointment only and in strict accordance with government Covid-19 regulations. Appointments will run on an hourly basis ie 1 hour per client, so please arrive on time to ensure your appointment is not cut short. Please do not turn up without having pre-booked an appointment.
To check dates and times, please refer to the relevant auction via the Upcoming Auctions page. To book an appointment to view, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 44 (0) 1635 553 553. Please note there is currently no viewing or bidding in person on the day of the auctions.
3) Our Remote Viewing Service allows you to view specified lots via your smartphone from the comfort of your own home at a time convenient to you. Find out more.
4) The Dreweatts 360 Virtual Auction Tour provides a virtual tour of auction, allowing you to walk through each room, browsing and interacting with the lots as you go, just as if you were there in person. Find out more. This service will be available for the following auctions:
Our salerooms will be closed to the public but there are a variety of ways you can take part from the comfort of your own home:
1) Live Online Auctions: These are online auctions with an auctioneer taking to the rostrum on the day of the auction. You can bid online, request a telephone bid or leave a commission (absentee) bid.
2) Timed Online Auctions: These are purely online auctions ie there is no auctioneer. Bidding in online only ie is not possible to bid by telephone or leave a commission bid direct with Dreweatts. The auctions are generally open for a period of 2-3 weeks with lots closing sequentially at 30 second intervals on the final day. Bids can be left at any time via your online bidding account during the 2-3 week period or you can bid live on the final day. Find out more.
For further details click here: A Guide to Bidding at Auction with Dreweatts.
Payments for sales should be made online or by bank transfer.
"Click-and-Collect" collections are available by appointment only and in strict accordance with government Covid-19 regulations.
Our Valuations Team is on hand to offer any advice and there are a variety of ways you can get a valuation. For individual items or small collections:
Valuations in person by appointment and in accordance with Covid-19 regulations.
For larger collections, to discuss a home visit or any other valuation services, please contact our Valuations Team on 44 (0) 1635 553 553 | email@example.com. For further details on all our Valuation Services, click here.
Our priority is to protect our customers and employees. If you do have an appointment at our salerooms, visitors are required to wear a face covering.
We respectfully ask that you do not enter our premises in Newbury or London and ask that you stay at home if you and members of your household have Coronavirus symptoms, including:
If you are attending our salerooms in Newbury or London, we ask that you pay attention to your own personal hygiene. As per the government and NHS advice, we ask that you:
To improve the trace process, please would clients visiting Dreweatts use the NHS COVID-19 app. The NHS COVID-19 app offers a QR code check-in capability and uses bluetooth technology to track time and distance between smartphone devices. Unique location QR codes are now displayed at each of the entrances to Donnington Priory. Please can all visitors scan the relevant QR code (via the app) when you enter the building.
If you are unable to use the NHS COVID-19 app, please speak to a member of staff and they will take down your contact details should you need to be contacted.
Sign up for auction alerts and our monthly newsletter to receive expert analysis and insights from our specialists and keep up-to-date on forthcoming auctions, valuation days and previews.