Welcome to Dreweatts & Bloomsbury Auctions
Dreweatts & Bloomsbury Auctions (est. 1759), one of the world's premier auction houses for prestige collectibles, fine art and furniture, can offer you market leading advice and competitive fees on insurance and probate valuations as well as invaluable insight into tax and legacy planning. We extend you the highest level of fiduciary care for your property and funds.
We also offer you extensive international access to buying and selling luxury assets and prestige collectibles at auction thanks to our unrivalled range of experts in:
- • Asian Works of Art
- • Books, Manuscripts and Maps
- • Clocks, Barometers and Scientific Instruments
- • Coins, Medals and Banknotes
- • Contemporary Art and Photographs
- • Furniture, Interiors and Works of Art
- • Jewellery, Silver and Watches
- • Medals, Orders, Decorations and Militaria
- • Model Engineering and Transport
- • Pictures, Prints, Drawings and Posters
- • Fine Wine, Port, Champagne and Spirits
We offer you free valuations for auction and/or private treaty sales and competitive fees for valuation reports covering insurance, probate, family division and capital gains tax.
With over 150 auctions a year, we provide a wide range of options to you, whether you are building or dispersing a collection; in addition we offer for sale exceptional items to suit every decorating budget.
You can reach us at email@example.com or +44(0)20 3291 2835.
Many fine art and chattels insurers are increasing their risk-management and up-to-date valuation of the contents of a house are become an increasingly regular requirement. In any event the owners of valuable art, antiques, jewellery and collectibles have a self-serving interest in ensuring the correct compensation can be made in the unfortunate event of a claim.
The market prices of unique valuables rarely move in line with inflation and can change dramatically over even short periods of time, with factors such as demand, fashion, and deterioration all affecting price. Regular and accurate valuation of these items will likely reduce insurance premium and of course facilitate the speedy settlement of any insurance claim.
The combined knowledge of our team of specialists and the archives available to us from our 250 year history enables us to provide comprehensive and unbiased advice on all aspects of your insurance requirements. You will see from our Corporate Partners list that we are on the panel of approved valuers of all major insurers active in this market.
We offer an illustrated valuation service on single items, complete collections or full house contents. We also offer a re-valuation service at an agreed interval so that items can be re-assessed and additions and deletions noted on an amended inventory. Valuation of individual items or small collections can also be carried out, by appointment, at our salerooms.
Our valuation services are competitively priced, with the fee structure based on a transparent time-spent basis, thus avoiding the complication of scale fees.
Dreweatts & Bloomsbury Auctions provide a comprehensive and professional Probate Valuations service that is presented in the most up-to-date format as required by the Capital Taxes Office. This service is available to private individuals handling a family probate and of course, professional executors, trust companies and all other fiduciary intermediaries.
We offer a prompt, professional and confidential service to executors of deceased estates. Our full Probate Service includes;
- • A free Walk-Through Service to assess the need for a formal valuation
- • Compilation of a detailed inventory and valuation of inventoried items formatted to match the IHT407 form and including digital photography if required
- • Immediate removal and storage of valuable items
- • Complete house clearance
- • Advice on optimum realisations of valuable items to satisfy the dispersal of bequests
- • Removal and sale of items where appropriate
- • In the event that items from a deceased estate are subsequently consigned for sale, the forgoing charges are offset against any subsequent commission charges